Friday 12 March 2010

Opening up to friends

Recently a couple of friends have spoken to me about thier own experiances of PND.
One who has briefly meantioned her difficulties in bonding with her baby who is now 18 months old.

I really felt for her.

I had always seen the love she had for her baby but had noticed that somtimes her choices of care were not somthing I would do. Other people who also knew her commented to me how they found the new mum less then maternal.

At the time I would pop in and see her but I didn't pick up on anything.
I now feel like I failed her as a friend.

Not sure where I'm going with this post.

2 comments:

  1. Stop beating yourself up; of course you haven't failed her. You're her friend and that's more important to her than anything I would have thought. I have no experience of PND so am probably not qualified to comment. But your friendship would have meant so much to her.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may speak to her again on her feelings of bonding with her baby. May make her feel better to know someone is listning.
    Somtimes just having an understanding friend can make things so much better,
    Thanks for pointing that out
    x

    ReplyDelete